This is a fresh and delicious combination of both vegetables and fruit. The currant jelly adds sweetness and the onion adds bite. Make sure to seed the cucumber so it’s not bitter or too watery.
- 2 tablespoons red currant jelly
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cubed (1/2 inch) cantaloupe
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (I cup)
- 1/2 cup cubed (1/2 inch) plum tomato
- 1/3 cup minced red onion
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the currant jelly, vinegar, mustard, and salt until well combined.
2. Add the cantaloupe, cucumber, tomato, and red onion, and toss to combine. Refrigerate for up to 1 day; after that the salsa will be too watery.
Makes 3 cups.
Nutrion per 1/2 cup serving: 60 calories, 0g total fat (0g saturated), 0mg cholesterol, 1g dietary fiber, 14g carbohydrate, 1g protein, 150mg sodium.
Good source of: beta carotene, potassium, vitamin C.