A good substitute for tangerines in the salad would be 5 navel oranges, divided into sections and each section cut into thirds.
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ? teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 tangerines
- 1 Hass avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and thinly sliced crosswise
- 3 tablespoons roasted sunflower seeds
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the lime juice, honey, vinegar, salt, and cayenne.
2. With a vegetable peeler, peel 3 long strips of zest from 1 tangerine. Cut the strips into ?-inch slivers. Peel the tangerines and separate into segments. Cut the segments crosswise into 2 or 3 pieces; discard any seeds.
3. Add the avocado, tangerines, and zest to the bowl and toss to combine. Chill until serving time.
4. Sprinkle with the sunflower seeds just before serving.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition per serving: 190 calories, 11g total fat (2g saturated), 6g dietary fiber, 26g carbohydrate, 3g protein, 300mg sodium.
A good source of: fiber, folate, potassium, thiamin, vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin E.