For an even lighter dessert, replace all or part of the reduced-fat sour cream with plain nonfat yogurt. Timing alert: The mousse needs to chill for at least 2 hours.
- 2 mangos (1 ½ pounds total), peeled and sliced (1 ½ cups)
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ? teaspoon salt
- ? teaspoon allspice
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- ½ cup cold water
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup reduced-fat sour cream
1. In a food processor, purée the mangoes with the lime juice, salt, and allspice.
2. In a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over ¼ cup of the water. Let the gelatin stand until softened, about 2 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the honey and the remaining ¼ cup water, and bring to a boil. Stir the softened gelatin into the honey mixture and cook, stirring, until the gelatin is dissolved, about 1 minute.
4. Add the honey-gelatin mixture to the mango purée and process until well combined. Add the sour cream and process briefly just to blend.
5. Spoon into dessert bowls or glasses, cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled and set.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition per serving: 160 calories, 4g total fat (3g saturated), 1g dietary fiber, 31g carbohydrate, 3g protein, 100mg sodium.
A good source of: beta carotene, vitamin C.
Also see 7 Delicious Fruit Desserts.