These can just as easily be broiled: Spray a broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat the broiler. Broil the shrimp 4 to 6 inches from the heat until opaque throughout, about 1 minute per side. Serving suggestion: Instead of serving the shrimp as an appetizer, skip the cocktail sauce and serve the shrimp on a salad for a light lunch or dinner dish. Try it on Fresh Fennel Salad or a mixed green salad.
- Hot & Spicy Cocktail Sauce (page 256) or 1¼ cups store-bought cocktail sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp (about 12), shelled and deveined
1. Make the Hot & Spicy Cocktail Sauce (if using). Refrigerate until serving time.
2. Spray a grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat the grill to medium.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the orange zest, orange juice, oil, salt, paprika, and cayenne. Add the shrimp, tossing to coat.
4. Grill the shrimp until opaque throughout, about 1 minute per side. Serve with the cocktail sauce. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition per serving: 120 calories, 4.4g total fat (0.7g saturated), 161mg cholesterol, 0g dietary fiber, 2g carbohydrate, 17g protein, 476mg sodium.
A good source of: niacin, omega-3 fatty acids, selenium, vitamin B12, vitamin D, zinc.