Serve alongside grilled meats, poultry, or fish.
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 cups frozen or fresh corn kernels
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- In a large nonaluminum saucepan, combine the vinegar, raisins, sugar, chili powder, salt, and cayenne. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil for 2 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper and cook until the pepper is crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the corn and scallions. Cool to room temperature. Store the relish in the refrigerator.
Nutrition per 1/4 cup serving: 46 calories, 0g total fat, 0mg cholesterol, 1g dietary fiber, 11g carbohydrate, 1g protein, 80mg sodium.
A good source of: lutein, vitamin C.
Published June 22, 2015