Lime juice and orange juice season this simple baked fish dish. This type of treatment would work well for firm-fleshed fish as well as fatty types of fish: Try grouper, mackerel, or bluefish. Serving suggestion: Serve with Cranberry-Ginger Applesauce.
- 4 red snapper fillets (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spray a small baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Sprinkle the snapper first with the lime and orange juices, then with the sugar and salt. Top with the mint, if using. Roast until the fish just flakes when tested with a fork, about 10 minutes.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition per serving: 150 calories, 2g total fat (0g saturated), 53mg cholesterol, 0g dietary fiber, 2g carbohydrate, 30g protein, 210mg sodium.
A good source of: omega-3 fatty acids, selenium, vitamin B12, vitamin B6.