Argentina’s answer to ketchup, this bright green sauce is good on just about anything—from grilled poultry or meat, to fish and vegetables.
- 1 cup packed parsley leaves
- 1 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. In a food processor, combine the parsley, cilantro, garlic, vinegar, lime juice, oil, salt, and cayenne, and puree until smooth. Store the sauce in the refrigerator.
Makes about ¾ cup (12 tablespoons).
Nutrition per tablespoon: 21 calories, 1.6g total fat (0g saturated), 0mg cholesterol, 0g dietary fiber, 1g carbohydrate, 0g protein, 54mg sodium.
Good source of: vitamin C.