Mangos are delicious in salads and baked desserts. They also make terrific chutney and smoothies.
- Dice mangoes and serve over waffles or pancakes.
- Combine cubed mango with yogurt or buttermilk and ice cubes, and blend to make a smoothie.
- Puree cubed mango in a blender or food processor and use as a dessert sauce over other fruits, rice pudding, or angel food cake.
- Cook cubes of mango with raisins, some brown sugar and vinegar, and perhaps some cayenne, for a quick, fresh chutney.
- Slightly underripe mangoes are suitable for cooking. They can be treated like apples or peaches, and used to make a baked crisp or brown Betty.
- Combine diced mango, red bell pepper, onion, and a squeeze of lime juice for a quick salsa.
- Add diced mango to chicken or seafood salads.
Published July 01, 2015