The creamy dressing for this warm salad is laced with fresh mint and cilantro. If fresh mint is not easy to come by, substitute 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried mint. Makes 4 servings:
- ½ cup plain fat-free yogurt
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2½ teaspoons curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¾ pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 6 cups loosely packed shredded spinach leaves
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, cilantro, red onion, mint, and cayenne. Refrigerate until serving time.
2. In a small bowl, stir together the curry powder and salt. In a vegetable steamer, cook the sweet potatoes until tender, about 8 minutes. Transfer the sweet potatoes to a bowl and add the orange juice, 1½ teaspoons of the curry powder mixture, and 1 teaspoon of the oil.
3. Rub the remaining 1 teaspoon curry powder mixture onto both sides of the chicken. In a nonstick skillet, heat the remaining 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
4. Line 4 dinner plates with the spinach and mound the sweet potato mixture on top.
5. Cut the chicken into strips and arrange on top. Drizzle some of the yogurt dressing over each serving and pass the remainder on the side.
Nutrition per serving: 225 calories, 4g total fat (1g saturated), 50mg cholesterol, 4g dietary fiber, 24g carbohydrate, 24g protein, 260mg sodium.
Good source of: beta carotene, folate, lutein, niacin, potassium, riboflavin, selenium, vitamin B6, vitamin C.