The creamy dressing for this warm salad is laced with fresh mint and cilantro. If fresh mint is not easy to come by, substitute 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried mint.
½ cup plain fat-free yogurt
¼ cup chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons minced red onion
1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
2½ teaspoons curry powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
⅓ cup orange juice
2 teaspoons olive oil
¾ pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts
6 cups loosely packed shredded spinach leaves
- In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, cilantro, red onion, mint, and cayenne. Refrigerate until serving time.
- In a small bowl, stir together the curry powder and salt. In a vegetable steamer, cook the sweet potatoes until tender, about 8 minutes. Transfer the sweet potatoes to a bowl and add the orange juice, 1½ teaspoons of the curry powder mixture, and 1 teaspoon of the oil.
- Rub the remaining 1 teaspoon curry powder mixture onto both sides of the chicken. In a nonstick skillet, heat the remaining 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Line 4 dinner plates with the spinach and mound the sweet potato mixture on top.
- Cut the chicken into strips and arrange on top. Drizzle some of the yogurt dressing over each serving and pass the remainder on the side.
Per serving: 225 calories, 4g total fat (1g saturated), 50mg cholesterol, 4g dietary fiber, 24g carbohydrate, 24g protein, 260mg sodium. Good source of: beta carotene, folate, lutein, niacin, potassium, riboflavin, selenium, vitamin B6, vitamin C.