Melons make a refreshing salad or smoothie. But what about curries or stews? Try these six interesting ways to serve delicious melon.
1. Serve melon with a dash of something acidic as a counterpoint to its sweetness. Fresh lemon or lime juice is nice, but try it with a bit of balsamic vinegar.
2. Make a melon a smoothie. Blend chopped melon, ice, half a banana (or more, depending on taste and consistency), and water, non-fat milk, or yogurt.
3. Cube melon and toss with cucumber cubes, sliced red onion, and halved cherry tomatoes for a refreshing salad.
4. Add cubes of melon to curries or stews.
5. Toss diced melon with fresh lime juice, cumin, chopped scallion, and chopped cilantro and serve as a salsa.
6. Puree melon pieces along with fresh orange pieces (seedless or de-seeded) in a blender or food processor with a little white wine, soda water or plain water. Season to taste, chill thoroughly, and serve in hollowed-out melon shells.
See our recipe for: Tomato-Melon Salsa.